Glassford History
Glassford-building.jpg

Glassford Church was built in 1820. It is a simple two-storey kirk with a small spire. The interior was recast in 1897. There are Memorial stained glass windows to Rev Gavin Lang, grandfather of Cosmo Lang, Archbishop of Canterbury. The ruins of the former church and belfry, built in 1633, are still standing in the graveyard where there is a Covenanter’s stone.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License